It is with profound sadness that we at Girlguiding Scotland have learned today of the death of our Patron, Her Majesty The Queen. Our deepest sympathies are with the Royal Family at this very sad time.
On our website you will see we have begun to mark this extremely sad occasion with a statement.
We wanted to share some advice we’ve received from Girlguiding:
- All events should go ahead as planned. We’d ask that a two-minute silence is held where possible, as a mark of respect.
- The unit leader should make a decision on whether a planned meeting should go ahead. We’d hope that all meetings do go ahead as planned but would ask that a two-minute silence is held where possible as a mark of respect.
- Girlguiding have posted on their social media about her passing, as have we, and the posts link to a statement from Girlguiding HQ – please feel free to share this on your own social media accounts.
- Aside from sharing the Girlguiding or Girlguiding Scotland message on social media, marking the Queen’s passing (or posting your own personal message if you wish), in the days following the announcement Girlguiding have called for all social media to have a non-celebratory tone, with a blackout on day 10.
- We will be reviewing our own plans, including Wander the World, over the course of the next few days and will be in touch with any updates.
Thanks for taking the time to read through this email.
The Girlguiding Scotland team